Monday, July 17, 2006

a day at the beach


Ever have one of those days/weeks that you just feel overwhelmed by all you have to do? Do you ever realize that it's not really all that much and feel overwhelmed anyway? That's how I've been feeling lately, so yesterday my husband made me get out of the house, stop fretting and go to the beach at Alki. He really does know me well.

Ahhhh, the cool breeze over the water and the smell of the ocean. My favorite, most soothing smell. It was all so blue, and it was so sunny and clear you could see all the mountains in the area. We shared a truly decadent cinnamon roll at Alki Bakery, sat and looked at Puget Sound (see above photo) for a good long time (I've got the sunburn to prove it), walked up and down the beach, then had a wonderful baked halibut dinner at our favorite pub, the Celtic Swell and split a pint of Magner's cider.

Lovely.

2 comments:

Sarah e.Smith said...

Ahhh...i'd give just about anythign for a day at the beach...sounds like you had a fabulous day :)

Colorsonmymind said...

Sounds perfect. Wish I could have joined you.

Hope you get lots done tomorrow:)

Hugs