Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Poppies

Poppy I, acrylics/mixed media/collage on 24"x24" canvas


Poppy II, acrylics/mixed media/collage on 24"x24" canvas


I completed these 2 beauties yesterday and I love them! I've been wanting to do some poppy paintings since I first saw their beautiful blooms at the local farmers' markets back in May. I couldn't help but be drawn to them, and to draw them in turn. I've submitted these paintings for a show with a "summer" theme that will go up next week. I hope I get in. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Poppies II is great - you HAVE to show these pieces for July @ parklane!

If only I believed in reincarnation, you surely would have been asian.

Sarah e.Smith said...

Good luck with getting into the show....these are beautiful! I love poppies!!!

Colorsonmymind said...

Jeez...Angela I swore I left a comment when I first saw these.

Must have been rushing and didn't press send.

These are so beautiful. The second is my favorite of the two-maybe because of the mysetry of the poppy peaking out.

I think I am starting to embrace the unknown? LOL.

I think these will definitely win them over for a show.