Thursday, July 06, 2006

Snoqualmie Falls




It's been an unusual, but good week. My husband took the week off, so I've been hanging out with him most of the time. Yesterday we decided to make use of mass transit and took the bus to downtown Seattle to wander around and see Superman Returns at the Cinerama theater, which was most enjoyable. First we had lunch at Noodle Zen in Uwajimaya (and, of course, I had a bubble tea!) then walked up toward the theater, making a couple of stops along the way. We did a quick browse through Pike Place Market, and I finally got to go to a jewelry supply store so I'm a couple of steps closer to actually continuing with my jewelry making desires (see this previous post for my first steps). They were out of sheet silver, so I'll be going back sometime soon to get that. In the meantime, hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I'll get some practice in on the copper sheet that I do have.

Then today was my husband's birthday. We decided to finally go take a look at Snoqualmie Falls. It was truly breathtaking. The falls and the surrounding area are so beautiful, as you can see. We live in such a beautiful place! Next time we'll take the path to the bottom of the falls, but I didn't feel up to the hike back up today.:) There's also a lovely lodge/spa that overlooks the falls that I really hope we get to stay in someday.

On the way back, we stopped at the XXX Drive In to sample their rootbeer floats, yummy onion rings and messy, messy hamburgers. I am soooo full.

All in all, a lovely couple of days.

No comments: