Friday, August 04, 2006

Bellevue Arts & Crafts Fair


I bought this lovely gem at theBellevue Arts & Crafts Fair this past weekend from potter Ginger Steele. Isn't it beautiful! I had to have it. The fair itself was almost overwhelming in size and the quality of art presented. We kept getting to the end of a row of boothes thinking that that was it, and low and behold, more to behold! I had injured my ankle the day before and was in agonizing pain, but I couldn't stop walking around and looking at all the wonderful art. Luckily my husband was there to literally lean on. There were paintings, pottery, jewelry, furniture, clothing... all of the highest quality. Dazzling.


This kinetic sculpture by Andrew Carson made our jaws drop and briefly consider selling the car so we could possess this wonder of motion.:) Painters Valerie Willson and Donna Watson and Arleigh Wood are a few of the artists who caught my attention (and I managed to remember to grab their business cards). Thought I'd share them with you too.

Now I'm off to clean the house because my husband's cousin is coming to stay with us for a few days and I want the place to look nice.

4 comments:

AscenderRisesAbove said...

It looks like it was a great arts and crafts fair; enjoyed looking at the selected artists sites

Andrew said...

That kinetic sculpture looks interesting enough in a still. It must be neat in motion.

To Love, Honor and Dismay

Chriss said...

love that kinetic sculpture, I'd love to see it move. I've always loved moving art work. :)

Deborah said...

Wow - were we at the same art fest? I didn't see any of these artists. Arleigh Wood's work is amazing. Very Seattle.