Tuesday, August 22, 2006

IF: Match, sale, and Etsy

Blue Harmony I, Mixed Media/Collage, 5"x 7" on canvas, ©2005

Blue Harmony II, Mixed Media/Collage, 5"x 7" on canvas, ©2005

These are my entry for this week's Illustration Friday challenge Match. They also just happen to have sold this past week and I'll be delivering them to their new owner, who is a musician in the Seattle Symphony as well as a wonderful photographer, tomorrow!

In other news I have finally opened an Etsy shop. Along with other things, you'll see some familiar pieces from other IF challenges. Please come visit and often!

7 comments:

JO said...

Beaurtiful collages.

Toni said...

beautiful! I can see how a musician would love them.
I know my music teaching son would

Maysun said...

FaNtasTic, Angela - I've just been listening to Rachmaninov, so I'm in just the right mood for this lovely work!!

L. A. Stern said...

You know, sometimes I get impatient with collage artists, but this is truely beautiful art!!! You have absolutely captures a certain strand of music with the color and shape, textures and layers. I love this! You've transcended the collage motif for me!! thanks!

Linda

Colorsonmymind said...

Congrats on the etsy shop and selling those pieces. I really love everything you do-especially when you work with blue.

Andrew Thornton said...

These are really wonderful collages! They have a real amorphus space to them, yet still maintain a structure. Very musical. I don't get how they apply to the theme, (Is it that the two collages "match"?) But that doesn't take away from how lovely they are.

carla said...

These are really beautiful...I defintely get a feeling of music (beyond the sheet music) in their compositions. They both have a gorgeous visual cadence created by the interplay of shapes and colors. Congratulations on the sale!