Monday, August 21, 2006

My name in lights!




Yesterday was the opening of Combined Elements at ArtsWest Gallery in West Seattle, and I must say the day was quite a success. Since they're a playhouse also, they have a marquee out front, so I actually got to see my name in lights! I tried to capture it, but the animated digital nature of the marquee made it very difficult to capture the words, so I finally settled for the above photo which at least includes part of my name.

Upon arriving at the gallery in the morning to drop off my work, the gallery director informed me that the West Seattle Herald had included a color image of my piece in their calendar section, which is apparently something they've never done before, so Wade and I promptly went and bought a couple of copies. You can see me giddily holding it above.

Lots of great people came, including quite a few from my church, and I met a few other local artists, including Yael Zahavy-Mittelman and some card exchanging took place. I'm looking forward to getting to know them better. To float me even further into the clouds, I heard terms like "inspired", "you have a gift", "beautiful work", "spiritual depth" and others all in regard to my work! Who needs wine when such phrases are going to your head!

And on top of all that, I SOLD A PIECE! Mirage, the one from the announcement, sold! And I got some hints that a few more are being seriously considered for purchase.

6 comments:

Jess said...

YAY!!

I'm so proud of you. Sounds like a wonderful event.
Smiles.

Aravis said...

Wow, congratulations! I'm so happy for you. It's well-deserved! :0)

Colorsonmymind said...

Oh congrats. That photo is priceless with that glorious grin on your beautiful face.
I think all of those things you heard each time I see your work.

Love to you

Gamethyme said...

Congrats! If I weren't in a wedding that day, I'd have been there.

Natalie said...

congrats...not many visual artists ever see their name in lights! lol

Not to mention the color image in the paper...sounds like a thrilling weekend.

miragee said...

Angela, you definitely deserve all the compliments. Your art is really awesome. It's very sophisticated and carries something deep within it.

I am glad that the painting of my name was sold:-). It is beautiful...I love the collage for IF--match as well...a very poetic piece!