Friday, September 15, 2006

Week(s?) in review

It's been nearly 2 weeks since I last posted. Time flies when you're feeling overwhelmed and off of center. Let me see, where to start…

We adopted a new kitty (that's his sillhouette in the photo above). His name is Marlowe, he's almost a year and a half, very sweet and easygoing, and has such silky fur. He's also pretty big, and I think he might still be growing. His feet are huge! When my husband and I went to PAWS to look for a cat, we didn't really want one that looked so much like Shira (I'll post better pictures later), but he's the one who stole our heart, so what could we do? It's taking some time, but Harlie seems to be warming up to him as well.

Last week, Jessica came up for a visit. The original plan had been to explore Seattle, but it turned out that we both had injured feet so we stuck a lot closer to home and I introduced her to Bothell. It was quieter than we'd planned, but still nice.

And Autumn seems to have begun, unofficially at least. It's been chilly enough for me to wear long sleeves and a sweatshirt the past couple of days, and it's wetter than it has been in a while. The summer leaves are tinged with yellow, and here and there you can spot some red ones peaking through the foliage. I love Autumn, so this makes me happy, and maybe that's why I'm feeling less stressed too.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so glad that your got a new kitty. I hope your foot feels better.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

marlow is a great name. my daughter and i sometimes sit around and think of great cat and dog names... we are thinking "stelllllllllla"
ps;new blog:
http://ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress/

miragee said...

Glad to know that you've got a new cat. He's a darling, very beautiful!