Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hitting a wall

Untitled, acrylics/mixed media/collage on canvas, 24"x 24"

I've been busy. Busy in a good way as it's pretty much all art related and all stuff I want to do and am very excited about, but busy all the same. Earlier this week I sent off the above painting to New York for approval. On Tuesday, the Liturgical Arts Committee at church met to plan this year's projects, and Advent is coming up pretty quickly so designs for that need to be done by next week's meeting. I'm working on a commission for a lovely woman who lives in Bellevue, and I'm supposed to meet with her tomorrow to go over what I've come up with so far. And I'm working on a flyer for our church's upcoming music programs. Oh, and I have a show coming up that I need to deliver work for (some of which I still need to complete) in just 2 weeks! Yikes!

And this morning I feel like I've hit a wall. Just so tired and possibly coming down with a cold. And I'm in one of those states where everything I painted yesterday suddenly seems not right. My brain doesn't really seem to want to think much today. Not really an option, still too much to do, but a short break involving the sofa, a good book, tea and a cat might be in order.

11 comments:

andrea said...

You create lovely textures and shimmers. Is that a square of lace lurking beneath the paint? (I've done that, if it is.) If not, how did you create that texture?

Wonderful work.

Gabrielle said...

The textures and planes happening on different levels is truly magical. The reds are gorgeous.

What an exciting time for you! Take care of yourself! A book, tea and a cat is definitely what the doctor ordered when you're busy and fighting a cold.

Toni said...

You have such strength in your design and color. Take a time out to regroup not only for your mind but for your body and spirit. Everything will get done.

Gramercy Galleria said...

Angela, this is lovely. I'm feeling a bit tired and stressed tonight and this post, as well as the one previous IF:Quiet, have moved me and given me a sense of being renewed or refreshed.

Lesly said...

Lovely work, Angela. You should be proud and pleased to have produced such a beautiful piece. So do take that 'time out' and refresh yourself.

Maybe this is a good time for the healing powers of chocolate! ........

bridgette said...

Beautiful. I only have time to glance quickly around and I am struck by the poetry of your paintings. Visual poetry. If that makes sense.

I will be back!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

It doesnt surprise me too much that you are coming down with something; you have been so busy with the exhibits etc... really hate it when everything appears dull.

Ed Maskevich said...

Artist, poets, monks, and mystics all have learned the same thing, that we need to go back to that quiet meditative place to drink deeply from the silence. Without it creativity falters. This is a beautiful piece.

miragee said...

Hey Angela, but this painting is SO beautiful! I think all you need is a little bit break. Your art is gorgeous...

Angela Rockett said...

Thank you everyone for visiting and for all your lovely words.

Susie Monday said...

Hi Angela

I just found your blog (via Lisa call's blogroll) and find it quite inspiring -- and interestingly synchronistic. though I haven't posted any yet, I jsut spent time in the San Antonio Botanical Gardens and the Japanese garden there -- and I have recently completed some liturgical work for a Presbyterian church here, and explore some of the same kinds of imagery and connections that you do. I'm subscribing and look forward to seeing more of your work. Susie Monday