Wednesday, October 04, 2006

IF: Quiet

Expostion of the Blessed Sacrament, acrylics/collage on 12"x 9" canvas.

This piece was inspired by the Evening Prayer and Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament service at my church this past Saturday night. After Evening Prayer, the priest lights incense and we settle in for 20 minutes of meditating on and adoring the Host (the bread part of the Eucharist), going deep and transcending this world. Though 20 minutes seems like it's going to be a long time, it's not really and it's wonderfully spiritual and uplifting. And the quiet and stillness is such a blessing in our noisy and busy world.

,,,,

10 comments:

Kris said...

I like this one a lot :) Spiral!

Jess said...

Wow! This one is great.

Poseidion said...

I like this. I like the colors

andrea said...

I love how you combine organic elements with more geometric linework. And is that gold leaf? I love art with a spiritual component; it's like another layer.

kumiko said...

wow...i love it!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

wonderful (again and again!) The yellow in front of the pale blue makes the yellow a gold color that very much shines. There is no perfecting this one -- it is already there.

Colorsonmymind said...

Wow deep as the ocean blue

XOXO

miragee said...

I love the serene, calm color tones of this piece and especially the incense...It has a very powerful spiritual effect!

Angela Rockett said...

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to look and make such wonderful comments. Such love!:)

Andrea- It's gold paint, not gold leaf, but I'm happy that effect came through.

Gramercy Galleria said...

Angela, I love this. I am moved and you have caught the spirit of this experience just perfectly.