Monday, October 30, 2006

New show is up!










This past week was quite busy, especially with getting ready for my show at the VU Gallery which opens today. It culminated with my husband and I driving up to Bellingham on Saturday morning to deliver the 30+ pieces, and working with the gallery director in getting them installed. When we got there, we were met not only by the director, but also by a reporter and photographer for one of the university's periodicals, who were there to interview me and take photos of the set up! Everyone was very nice, and also seemed very enthusiastic about my work.




The set up went smoothly, and the space looks fantastic! It really shows off my work to its best advantage. I'm looking forward seeing it again at the opening reception on Thursday night.

Also, check out my website. Artspan, the service I use to host my site, has a new feature that I finally made use of yesterday to announce the show - a homepage.


Tags: , , , , ,

9 comments:

Deanna said...

Congratulations on the show! One of my former professors is teaching at WWU, btw...

Toni said...

Congratulations it looks fantastic!

Gramercy Galleria said...

Angela,

What a beautiful presentation. Awesome, actually!!!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

how exciting to see your exhibit going up! Lovely work.

Alina Chau said...

WOW!! Best of luck!!

andrea said...

Beautiful hanging! I'm really impressed with how great your art looks when hanging as a group in a super space like that. I'm tempted to hop in the car and make the should-be-45 minute drive to Bellingham. If only that *&%$!@ border wasn't there to slow me right down.

miragee said...

Wow, your paintings look awesome! I wish I could be there to take a look at them in person...

Best wishes...

Colorsonmymind said...

Terrific Angela! Congrats-your stuff looks beautiful.

Gabrielle said...

Congratulations Angela! The show looks really nice, I wish I could experience each of the paintings first hand, they look absolutely gorgeus.