I just finished attaching the hanging wire to the back of the commission I've been working on and I'll be delivering it to my client tomorrow morning. I'm very happy with how it turned out, and I hope she loves it as much as I do. (I apologize for the glare on the photo above. It's raining so I can't take it outside to photograph and it's too dark without the flash. Hopefully you can get a good idea of what it looks like from this. Hopefully I'll have a chance to photograph it outside in the morning.)
I actually managed to take some pictures of a few of the stages of development it went through too.
A couple of days ago I posted a photo of the first layer of collage and paint. Here I've added more collage elements.
Starting to block in the basic composition.
A layer of paint to marry the elements together.
More layers of paint - and drips!
I continued in this fashion, creating layers and letting the painting tell me what steps to take next, then some final touches, and the end result is in the top picture.