Tuesday, November 07, 2006

onward

Here it is, the canvas for a commission I'm working on. It's 48" x 36". I've never worked on such a large canvas, and I can't wait to get my hands on it! I'm glad my client didn't want it any larger though, because I really don't think it would have fit in my car, or my apartment:)

I spent yesterday cleaning up my studio from the mess that had been accumulating for quite a while so I could have room to work on it. It's very nice to have a clean studio again. We'll see how long it lasts this time. When I'm working, sometimes things don't always find it back to their home and unruly piles form.

I'm excited to get back to painting. I might even be able to fit in an Illustration Friday piece this week!

5 comments:

andrea said...

I have a 48 x 60 that's been lurking in my studio for about a year, waiting. I've only ever worked that large once (I bought the two canvases at the same time). It took awhile!

Tracy said...

I completely understand your excitement-I just went through all of this myself.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing how it goes for you!

Gabrielle said...

I am looking forward to seeing the progress on this canvas, will you be posting updates for us?

Colorsonmymind said...

Congrats on the show-it looks amazing.

I look forward to seeing what beauty you create on this large canvas!

XOXO

Sheri Burhoe said...

Can't wait to see what you do with this canvas ! Love the Gallery pics - They are always so fun to look at.