Monday, November 06, 2006

Opening Reception at VU Gallery

Here's a photo from the opening. My husband was the designated photographer that evening, and you can find more of his photos here.

I'm pleased to say that the opening went well. Most of those who attended were students, (which is to be expected since the gallery is on Western Washington University's campus) so not a lot in the way of sales, but they were a lively group and really took the time to look at my art. And from the comments I got, most really liked it. So it was a good evening all around.

And to top it all off, my good friend Belinda drove up from Portland to surprise me! Unfortunately, she ended up missing the opening, but we got to hang out with her that night and had breakfast with her the following morning. It was so good seeing her! It had been nearly 3 years since we last got together (she only moved up to Portland recently). That really made the evening shine.

I've spent the past few days in post-show meltdown and now I'm gearing up for the next whirlwind of activity. I have a commission to complete by the 18th, as well as a couple of art projects for church. And I have some paintings and other projects I really want to get started on that I've had to put off for the past few weeks.

But first, I really need to clean my studio up a bit. It's such a mess! I can barely move in here, and the canvas I'm doing for the commission is larger than any I've every worked on (36" x 48"), so I need to make some room. And some organization will probably help me feel a little more focused and ready to start again.

Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

andrea said...

I sure wish life wasn't too complicated at the moment for me to pop down south. The show looks really great. Congratulations.

miragee said...

The photo looks great and I am glad to hear that the exhibit went well! I am also looking forward to your new work!