Thursday, December 21, 2006

2006: Part 1

Early morning on Hilton Head Island, November 23, 2006 - the beach is always a good place for contemplation

Just upgraded to the new Blogger. So far, so good. My blog didn't explode, and I appear to have all of my links, though I'll have to explore more to be sure.

So, 2006 is drawing to a close and 2007 is peaking around the corner. Seemed like a good time to talk about accomplishments from the year, and plans for the future. I'm going to break it down into parts (2 or 3, not sure yet), and in today's post I'll be focusing on some of my artistic accomplishments for 2006. It seems inevitable to be thinking about these things at this time of year, and I've seen a few posts on the subject. One great one to check out is over at ArtBizCoach.com. Alyson points out how important it is to recognize our achievements - and to celebrate them - or you'll just keep thinking about all you haven't done yet. I am so guilty of this, and wish to change, so here are some highlights from my art career this year:

  • My art was shown in 6 galleries, including 2 solo shows
  • Sold 15 pieces, including 2 commissions, 6 through Etsy, and my largest gallery sale to date
  • Used my artistic talents in a meaningful way in my church - I gave of my gifts back to God
  • Have been signed on with MFI, Inc, corporate art consultants in New York City
  • Was interviewed and written up in two newspapers and 1 art blog for my show at the VU Gallery in Bellingham - all positive too
  • My art paid for itself this year, with a little left over
  • I'm also very proud of completing 1 1/2 drawing sketchbooks this year
My next post(s) on this topic will include how I plan to celebrate these accomplishments (any suggestions?) and some thoughts on what I'd like to do in 2007.

4 comments:

Wade Rockett said...

any suggestions?

You could buy yourself a lovely ceramic bowl?

waking up late said...

Yay! Way to go.

AscenderRisesAbove said...

It has been fun getting to know you this year. Wishing you a happy holiday and a peaceful new year!

Alyson B. Stanfield said...

Congratulations, Angela! And thank you.