Friday, December 29, 2006

2006: Part 3 - little celebrations


Encouraged by Alyson's ArtBiz blog, in order to acknowlege my artistic achievements in 2006, I have allowed myself some small gifts by way of celebration. The first one has already arrived in the form of this small, beautiful ceramic bowl by artist Diana Fayt. I've been drooling over her work since I first came across it. Susan's Artstream online gallery shop has a few of her pieces for sale, including these lovely small bowls that I could actually afford, so I snapped one up.

The second is by another artist I greatly admire, Andrea Pratt. While I was poking around the internet deciding what sort of treats I was going to get, she posted this wonderful drawing for Illustration Friday, and at her Etsy shop. I couldn't resist and bought it immediately. I can't wait to see it in person!

I'm thinking I might get one more treat. Maybe get a massage. I've never had one, but it sure sounds nice.

5 comments:

andrea said...

I mailed it! ~finally...

Gramercy Galleria said...

Angela,

Good for you!!! I do so love these bowls by Diana Fayt. I promise myself that someday I will have one.

One of the best things about 2006 was discovering your art and getting to know you.

I wish you all good things in 2007.

Robin

Angela Rockett said...

Andrea - Yay!

Robin & Andrea - I would just like to repeat what Robin said so eloquently:

One of the best things about 2006 was discovering your art and getting to know you.

I wish you all good things in 2007.

Peace,
Angela

one black bird said...

so comforting to know my bowl is in your hands.

happy new year to you!

Alyson B. Stanfield said...

Yea! Thank for the mention, Angela. I don't know why it took this so long to show up in my Google Alerts.

All the best for 2007.