Monday, December 04, 2006

Advent begins

Advent altarpiece installed.


A closer look.


My art along the wall of the nave.

I'm still processing the experience of having my art decorate God's house. I think I'll take another day to think about it before I try to put it into words, but I wanted to post these pictures so those of you who have been following the creation of the altarpiece can see what it looks like installed. It's pretty cool, if I do say so myself. :)

I also thought it would be an appropriate post for this week's Illustration Friday theme - Might, as in "Holy, holy, holy Lord. God of power and might."

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The advent alterpiece looks wonderful.
I'm sure you'll get a wonderful response from your paintings as well.

Alina Chau said...

awesome artworks!

ilustricia said...

wow! it looks magnificent... sweet and peaceful.

grant said...

Very nice! You should check out some of my litergical paintings.

andrea said...

Vaguley on the theme of 'ecclesiastical art' (liturgical?) I did a series of celtic cross paintings once and have a 36" x 36" x 2" one hanging in my entryway. I also have a collection of iron and plaster 'garden crosses' in various styles, some hanging in my bathroom. Don't know what it is about crosses for me as I'm not Catholic. :)

The altarpiece is truly stunning. You must be thrilled.

Aravis said...

Tremendous work Angela! Beautiful and powerful.

Gabrielle said...

To have the opportunity to create a project like this must be the the ultimate in creative and spiritual fulfillment. (AND I agree: way too cool!)

The images are symbolic, simple and powerful. A wonderful accomplishment!

miragee said...

Wow, your art looks just perfect in God's house:-). I think the Advent painting looks really gorgeous where it is...