Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas 2006 recap

Harlie

Marlowe

Here are our cats playing with their Christmas gifts, a small crinkle ball for Harlie, and a large "rat" for Marlowe. I "soaked" them in catnip for a couple of days prior to Christmas, and the cats went nuts! They were so entertaining we forgot to open our own presents for a while. :) Got some really good ones too! A couple of wonderful cookbooks, Astaire & Rogers DVDs, Japanese bowls with bunnies on them, and a new scarf, just to name a few.

It was a very good day - just us and the cats. This holiday season has been good overall. I resisted the usual urge to do too much and therefore wasn't too exhausted to enjoy any of it. Didn't make any cookies, but I did manage to make some gifts for people. And instead of making an all out traditional feast, I made a killer lasagna and salad. With all the goodies we'd gotten from people over the past few days, I didn't even have to make dessert.

Now my brain is returning to review of 2006 and plans for 2007. I'll post more of my thoughts on that tomorrow. I'm also getting antsy to get back into the studio. The holidays are great and all, but they do take my attention away from art. As I've noted in a previous post, there's really only so much of that I can take.

2 comments:

Chriss said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas. Looking forward to your review of 2006 and your goals for 2007. I'm in the middle of doing the same at the moment.

Have an artful day!

andrea said...

Your cats are just too cute. Glad to hear you had a quiet, peaceful Christmas.