Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmas wrapping


Woke up out of sorts this morning. With all holiday hub-bub, I haven't been able to really get back to painting for a few weeks now. At first, it was kind of nice to have a break, but now it's starting to get to me. All I really wanted to do today was paint, but I knew that wasn't going to happen because of all the errands I needed to run. So I spent an hour or so snarling at the cats and various inanimate objects which dared to be where I had put them. Then I managed to calm down enough to face going out with a relatively friendly attitude, and it went pretty smoothly.

Christmas shopping is pretty much done (except for whatever it is I'm going to get my husband) and I've just finished packing up the gifts that we have to ship. Now I need to sit down and start writing our cards. Every year I say I'm going to make cards, but I have yet to do it.

Tomorrow I need to get to the post office and mail the gifts (and a couple more pieces I sold on Etsy!), then I think I'll be able to get in some concentrated studio time. I can't wait!

Speaking of wrapping, check out Furoshiki, a clever and environmentally friendly Japanese method of wrapping and carrying gifts that my husband found at Lifehacker. I'm going to try to use this a lot.

Hope all your holiday plans are going smoothly, and that you can take the time to breathe a little.


Tags: , , , ,

1 comment:

AscenderRisesAbove said...

a read of a lot of people; self included, pulled away from painting and not liking it, not one little bit.