Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Book Report: All Mortal Flesh


As I've mentioned in the past, reading is a passion of mine. In order to reflect this love, I am going to start adding posts about books that I'm reading to my blog. It probably won't be all the books I read, just the ones that stand out for some reason.

To kick this off, I'll begin with All Mortal Flesh, by Julia Spencer-Fleming, which I just read a few days ago. It's the fifth book in the Clare Fergusson/Russ Van Alstyne mystery series, and it simply blew me away. Her characters are so real and her books so well written that I get very involved and I was right there with them. I was in a state of shock not unlike that of the characters when the book ended, and it actually took a few days for my brain to extricate itself. I've always enjoyed this series, but now I'm even more hooked.

Julia Spencer-Fleming is also quite nice. I'm not prone to doing this, but I was actually moved to write to her (via e-mail), and she wrote back! She assures me there will be two more books in the series. I can't wait! Part of me is sad to realize that the series will end, but another part of me thinks this is a good thing. There are series that simply go on too long and they can lose their spark. This series won't have a chance to do that. I just hope she'll start another one. She's a fantastic writer. Luckily she also lists some of her recommended reads on her site, so I have much to explore! :)

Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Gramercy Galleria said...

Angela,

What a delightful post -- and more to come. I look forward to this new addition to your blog. I love a good mystery series and can't wait to check into this one.

Thanks,
Robin

Gabrielle said...

I agree with Gramercy, I think this is a great idea!

I am also an avid reader but tend to fall into ruts now and then, so recommendations are always welcome.

For yourself, it's also a great way to keep track of books you have enjoyed. I'm always forgetting titles and authors.