Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Illustration Friday: Superhero

"Ghost", mixed media/digital, ©1999

This is another image that I created while attending art school. I was taking a class creating comic book covers in the sequential art department. That wasn't my department (I was studying illustration), but it was given by one of my favorite professors, and it gave me more class time to play with Photoshop. The assignment, developed by the professor in conjunction with Dark Horse Comics, was to create a cover for an upcoming issue of the superhero comic Ghost. It was a challenging assignment for me, especially because I had never read Ghost and I don't really read comic books in general, and my usual style is so completely not comic book. The art director at Dark Horse then chose the best 10 and published them on the inside cover of that issue. Mine was one of the ten!

4 comments:

Digital Scott's illustrationblog said...

Very nice. You created a lovely mood here.

carla said...

THis has such a feeling of a myth...it's so ethereal. Beautiful!

ValGalArt said...

I wasn't expecting this from you but I am pleased to see this other side of you and it's beautiful!!!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

i was really stuck on this prompt. you did it just right!