Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Birthday and Plan B




Wade got me this book, which I've been drooling over for a few months. It's short stories by Susanna Clarke (the author of the wonderful novel Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell). It's also illustrated by Charles Vess!






These are slippers that my mother-in-law gave me. Aren't they cute!








Today, being my birthday, I had planned to enjoy my new zoo membership (birthday present from in-laws!) and go to the Zoo with my husband, then he was going to take me to dinner at an Italian Restaurant that's near there and is supposed to be just wonderful.

Then I looked outside. It's actually snowing! (It hasn't snowed where I live on my birthday since I lived in North Dakota for a year when I was a child.) This is Seattle, so I was prepared for a little rain, but a cold and wet day (involving snow) at the zoo doesn't really appeal. So now we're trying to figure out a Plan B. I'm a bit at a loss because I really wanted to go to the zoo.

3 comments:

Gramercy Galleria said...

Angela,

Happy, Happy Birthday!!

(And don't I LOVE the slippers!!!)

Robin

andrea said...

Apparently there was some snow in certain spots here, too. Time to break out the fuzzy bunny slippers!

Happy Birthday and I think the zoo membership wouldn't go down well with me, even though I know the Woodland Park Zoo is world class. I saw chimps and/or gorillas doing unspeakable things at that very same zoo when I was about 8 and am still traumatised by it... :)

Angela Rockett said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Andrea - so sorry about the zoo trauma