Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Illustration Friday: Sprout

Twilight Beginnings, acrylics/collage painting on 7" x 5" canvas, ©2007
SOLD!

First completed piece of the year! There's another, much larger canvas on my easel that's nearly done, but this is the first. And it's so appropriate for today too. The rains came early this morning and instead of simply making it cold and wet, it suddenly it feels like Spring might actually return. I feel a sense of renewal in the air.

The image is a little blurry, but the colors are truer than the clearer image, so I opted for this one.

11 comments:

Linda said...

Great color and lovely composition!

carla said...

Angela - this is really so touching and uplifting. The blue touched by the light and the gold gives me such a feeling of promise. I love the composition of the stalk and leaves against the cirle...gorgeous!

Piotr said...

this is very pleasing to the senses

Valaine said...

This is beautiful! I love it!

miragee said...

I can feel hope in the blue color! Love it!

atomicvelvetsigh said...

peaceful to the eyes.. great piece!

tusen said...

nice and interesting. I like the composition and colours.

Gramercy Galleria said...

Angela,

Lovely, and it does, indeed, evoke a sense of hopefulness. So perfect for this cold, cold day.

Robin

Angela Rockett said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! I'm so glad the sense of hopefulness came across.

waking up late said...

Wow!

I feel the power of the moon in this one.

Sheri Burhoe said...

Wonderful first piece of the year !