Monday, March 12, 2007

Illustration Friday: Wired

Wired, acrylics/collage/wire on 12" x 12" canvas, ©2005

This is a piece I did in 2005. I was working as a purchasing assistant at a construction supply company and often found these pieces of wire used to bind pieces of rebar together out in the yard, usually all rusty and interesting from being run over by trucks and exposed to the elements. This one inspired me to create this piece.

Being home alone has officially lost it's appeal as of a few hours ago, probably around the time he'd normally be coming home from work. Now I simply feel lonely and I miss my husband. Luckily, he returns tomorrow!

4 comments:

Wade Rockett said...

Real soon now! :-)

Gabrielle said...

I love the colours and the knot of the wire that comes together to form the focal point, it looks like it is even physically holding the painting together.

Hopefully by now you are not so lonely and your honey returned safe and sound, that's so sweet :)

(I'm still loving my painting, by the way!)

Sheri Burhoe said...

Great colors and composition ! Thanks for popping by my blog today.It's always great to receive feedback.

leslyf said...

this is just lovely ... I really like it very much. Its funny how a piece will just slam you between the eyes!