Friday, March 23, 2007

Studio Revamp: Part I


This is my workspace as viewed from the entry. It's the second bedroom in our 2 bedroom apartment and it's about 10' by 12', and it's feeling very crowded, especially since I seem to be working on bigger and bigger canvases lately (the one you see on the easel is 36" x 36"). It must serve as studio, office, and storage space. I have recently decided that I'm tired of bumping into things and not being able to find things. Not that it's ever been acceptable, I've just gotten to the point where I'm going to finally do something about it.

Step one involves this computer armoire,


which finally did arrive late Wednesday evening. Since I can't put my computer and business related stuff in a separate office, I've decided to use this armoire as a room within a room. I love it because not only will it help me save space and organize that part of my art life, I'll actually be able to close the doors on it so I won't have to look at it all the time. Of course, this all depends on my husband and I being able to assemble the thing, as this is what it currently looks like:

So that's what we'll be doing with our spare time this weekend. Wish us luck! :)

2 comments:

andrea said...

I love 'before' and 'after' shots. Looking forward to the 'after'!

Wade Rockett said...

John Crowley's "Little, Big" plays with the idea of rooms within rooms. There's the Imaginary Study at Edgewood, and also John Drinkwater invents a fold-apart "bedroom within a bedroom" that (if I remember correctly) was only ever installed in the housing block that later in the book becomes Old Law Farm.