Monday, April 09, 2007

Easter Art

Easter morning (Resurrection Sunday) floral arrangement (it's huge!) next to altar, under the paper lace altarpiece

I am bushed. It was a big weekend, going back to Thursday, and I've been on an emotional and activity high since then. It finally all hit me last night, so today has mostly been about resting and re-grouping. Very tempted to stay in my PJs all day, but the empty fridge convinced me to get dressed and do some grocery shopping, but I have not managed to do anything in the studio at all. I want to write about how wonderful Holy Week was, but the words aren't there to do it justice. The services, the music, the people, the joy and wonder…

The art I can write about, at least a little. The paper lace project you see above was a big undertaking, but seeing it in place made all the effort worth it. I drew the designs, and the Ecclesiastical Arts committee met on Saturday mornings to do the cutting. The finished result represents about a month worth of work. It turned out great, if I do say so myself!

As for other art at the church, the Visions of the Cross show is going very well. It's been very well received and people have been spending a lot of time looking at the work. The opening is this Thursday night, and we've had several people, outside the church, tell us they will be there, and a few others have already come by to check it out. It's very exciting to realize that my marketing efforts are paying off to some extent. I still have a couple more artists to blog about, and I plan to get that done before the opening.

I'm working on another call to artists now, for a show that will go up late June/early July. Hopefully I'll be able to get that done and posted before the end of the week, or Monday at the latest. So you artists out there, be sure to check back so you can submit your work.

No comments: