Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Illustration Friday: Fortune


Just a little contour ink drawing of a plush Maneki Neko (Lucky Cat) and a great (and true) fortune I got from a fortune cookie not too long ago. For those of you who don't know, Maneki Nekos invite good fortune. I like to collect unique Maneki Nekos (my husband and I call them "fortune kitties"), and have a small collection, including a couple of plush ones, a wind chime, and a wooden netsuke. One of my real cats broke one of my favorite ones late last year, a cast iron bell fortune kitty.

6 comments:

benconservato said...

of course!
Maneki Neko!
I love your drawing, it is so free!

studio lolo said...

Wonderful line drawing! It looks like it could be a design for a Macy's parade balloon!

Anonymous said...

That's a great fortune!

carla said...

This drawing is so simple, but it exudes a sweet feeling of happiness. The Maneki Neko looks like it's alive and stretching:>

Angela Rockett said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments! And, Carla, I really like the idea that he's alive and stretching. :)

Contemporary art said...

Great drawing, I never heard of the Maneki Neko before but its such a cute idea.