Monday, April 02, 2007

"Visions" exhibit is up!

Installing the artwork.

It was a busy weekend. On Saturday we had a work party at church to get ready for Holy Week, and I installed the art show. It looks pretty good, and everyone who saw it was really impressed with the art. Sunday morning was the first time the entire congregation got to see it, and it was very satisfying to see them really soaking it in. That's one of the best things about getting to have your art in the nave of the church, people have a chance to really sit and be with the art in a way that just doesn't happen in galleries and museums. As part of our Sunday service we have a procession that leads us directly in front of the art on display and everyone takes the opportunity to get even closer to the work. It's fun to watch the reactions and see when someone is truly moved by a piece, which happened a lot.

3 comments:

Sheri Burhoe said...

What a gorgeous Church ! The window area is amazing :)

andrea said...

I've been enjoying your artist profiles and love the photos of church activity on Flickr. How I wish I could see it!

miragee said...

These artworks are awesome. It must be interesting to go to an exhibition in the church. I haven't had a chance to try that...Every time I am tempted by the exhibition you introduce on your website, but I can't do that in person. I should keep dreaming, maybe one day it will come true!

By the way, please leave me your address in my email box, and I'll send you a copy of my magazine. Thank you very much!