Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A successful experiment in time management

"Nave", acrylic & collage on 40" x 30" gallery wrapped canvas, ©2007

I've been (once again) experimenting with scheduling in an attempt to focus more fully on my art. For the past couple of weeks, I have dedicated the morning hours to studio time. Then, on good days, more studio time in the afternoon. As part of this experiment, I've been avoiding my computer until after noon. The results have been wonderful - I haven't been this inspired or motivated in months.

So, less computer time = more art. Now that I'm not blogging, or thinking about blogging, so much, I find that I feel less scattered and more here. Weird. So, while I really do enjoy connecting with others via blogging, I suspect I'll be doing less of it.

5 comments:

andrea said...

This is beautiful, Angela. I think I need to take a page from your book and cut the umbilical cord with my laptop!

leslyf said...

that sounds worth trying, Angela ... its dreadful how many hours I spend blogging instead of painting.

you are setting a good example here!

carla said...

This has such depth...it's very beautiful. I agree that blogging, although it is a wonderful way to connect with others, often keeps us from really immersing ourselves in the artistic process, and keeps us from being productive. It sounds like your schedule is working for you...and it looks like it as well! Keep up the wonderful work:>

Raine K said...

This is gorgeous - the colors are amazing!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

oh yes!!! this is a huge problem; I wish there was a better balance of the two!