Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Illustration Friday: Discovery

Monarda Punctata, acrylic/collage on canvas, 12"x 9", ©2007

Recently, I made the discovery that I am longing to add more paintings of the natural world to my repertoire. I created this small painting a couple of weeks ago, and haven't had a chance to do more than sketch a few flowers since then, but now that I'm set up in the new studio I'm hoping to do more soon. Drawing and painting from life really helps to balance out all the abstract work that I do, and even helps me to have more and better abstract visions. I haven't painted flowers since last year's poppy paintings, and it felt good to get back to it.

3 comments:

andrea said...

Pssst, Angela: It's Wednesday! :) Seriously, I'm looking forward to more of these now that you have your studio up and running!

Leah said...

I love your color choice, very nice :).

carla said...

This is so very pretty! I like that you have combined your abstract and textured style with the more natural imagery. The colors are very delicious, too... do more! Congrats on the new studio... it really looks great!