Friday, July 27, 2007

Illustration Friday: Moon

Celtic Moon, acrylic/collage on illustration board, 6" x 4", ©2001

I made this small piece a few years ago, and it was my first really successful collage, and it was one of the first pieces I sold.

If I have time, maybe I'll make a new piece for this week's Illustration Friday theme "moon," (it's such an inviting theme for me) but the next several days promise to be very full. My dad and one of my little sisters are coming to visit! I haven't seen either of them since we moved up here 3+ years ago. They're arriving on Sunday afternoon and leaving on Wednesday evening, and neither of them has ever been to Seattle before so we have a lot to show them.

7 comments:

andrea said...

It looks like a much bigger piece. ever thouhht of revisiting the theme again, only large? I love what looks like backwards runes or soemthing in the background. A lovely piece.

Jane said...

I really like this, and I have to agree with andrea re-size.

studio lolo said...

Just beautiful, very zen...and my favorite colors! Have a lovely time with your family :)

marc said...

Hi Angela,
It’s splendid blue full moon… Superbe illustration! I love the color!
Have a great weekend !

JO said...

Wonderful piece very tranquil. Hope you're having a wonderful time.

platinum blonde said...

this is a stunning work! great job

miragee said...

Wow, this is a poetic piece!