Thursday, September 27, 2007

2007 Northwest Fine Arts Competition

Blue Echo, acrylic/collage on canvas, 36" x 24", ©2006

I just received word that my painting, Blue Echo, has been accepted into the 2007 Northwest Fine Arts Competition at the Phinney Center Gallery! The show opens with a reception next Friday, October 5, 7–9pm, and will remain on exhibit until October 26th. I'm looking forward to seeing the other art in the exhibit, and hopefully meeting some of the artists too. If you're in the area, please stop by!

Update: I posted this yesterday, and then this morning I found out that the theme for Illustration Friday this week is "the blues". With all the blue here, I had to post it to IF too. I love the color blue, and often use it in my work. And of course, like many artists, I also suffer from the blues from time to time. In small doses, it can actually be an aid to creativity, as I mentioned in my previous "Blue" post.

9 comments:

andrea said...

That's my kind of synchronicity! And a beautiful painting, too. I wish I could see it.

get zapped said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful piece. Yes, small doses. I like that better. Good luck with the show.

murphy girl said...

congrats!

suana said...

Congratulations and very interesting piece!

Cathie said...

very beautiful color of blue and unique concept. i agree the blues do seem to be connected to creativity, i get great bursts of creativity after a blue spell

bridgette said...

congratulations angela! I wish I could make it to the opening, but I will definitley try to stop in during the month to get a peek at your work in real life.

tusen said...

congratulations! And the painting is very interesting.

carla said...

Congratluations! This is quite a beautiful piece. I feels very majestic to me, like I'm looking at huge pine trees or mountains. The two warm squares are perfect!

illustrations by doni said...

the drips of blue are wonderful...and the way the orange square stands out.