Friday, October 05, 2007

Gazing eastward & new gallery

"Eastern Gaze", acrylic/collage on canvas, 12" x 12", ©2007 SOLD!

I just completed this painting yesterday, then packed it up (along with 7 other small paintings) to ship to a gallery in NEW YORK this morning! It's a new artists' cooperative gallery, and I know there's all sorts of back and forth as to whether artist run galleries are good for the artist's career or not, but I just fell in love with the concept, and the location, of this gallery, so I decided to apply. And I'm very happy that I juried in.

The gallery is called the Square Inch Gallery, and the concept is that it's a Manhattan apartment art gallery selling Manhattan apartment sized art. And the location, well, you know, it's New York City. Don't need to add much to that.

click on image to see larger version

This is the announcement for the inaugural opening reception Thursday, October 18th. If you're in the Manhattan area, I hope you'll stop by and check it out! You can also learn more about the gallery and the artists who exhibit there by visiting the website.

4 comments:

Peter said...

I'm seriously loving your work. Great about the show ... I have friends in Manhattan so I'll let them know.

tlc illustration said...

Congrats on the NYC gallery! That is very exciting.

Thanks for visiting my blog - it *is* gorgeous out, isn't it?

You can get Dagoba Hot Chocolate at O'Malley & Potters in Country Village in Bothell (it's my favorite 'evil' store there. I always find way more to buy than I had intended). It is worth the trip!

Karine said...

Hi. I found you from Lisa Call's blog. You have lovely paintings. I hope you will keep us all posted on how the coop in NYC goes. Congrats!
Karine

Karine said...

Hello again! Thanks for visiting my blog. I see that you are a fan of Dead Can Dance! I love them. Enjoy Seattle, my sister is in Sequim.