Tuesday, November 27, 2007

...and it's not even December yet!

It's been a busy week so far (yes, I know it's only Tuesday).

Went to California last week to visit with family for Thanksgiving. Had a pretty good visit, with a few notable exceptions. The biggest being that my maternal grandmother passed away just before we got there. She was a really great lady, and she will be sorely missed. Especially by her husband of 65 years, my grandfather.

After returning home. on Saturday night we went to a Baroque concert at our church. It was awesome! It's a new group that includes our oh-so-talented organist/choir director Sheila Bristow and they call themselves Concerto Baroque. They recorded the performance, so I'm hoping there will be a CD available soon.

Concerto Baroque

Yesterday and today have been taken up with a lot of getting ready for my open studio this Saturday, and with getting the gallery at church ready to install the new exhibition "Silence" which also opens this weekend, with a reception for the artists December 6th. Besides getting the actual space ready (we've had to expand the gallery space to accommodate all the wonderful art we received), I've also begun posting about each of the artists on the church's artsblog. I'm about half done, and plan to have the rest done by Friday. Lots of really great art, so check it out!

I haven't even started to think about Christmas shopping yet!

4 comments:

andrea said...

I loved reading your grandmother's obit. Now THAT was life well lived.

Peter said...

Good luck with the open studio!!!! I'd drop in but it's kind of ... far!!! lol

Peter said...

I've also been looking at your church's website and the profile of the artists. It's brilliant, and it's so good to see a church so engaged with the arts, and so good that you've got a key role in it.

Martha Marshall said...

Well Angela, this is after the fact. I hope the open studio went well! Your work is beautiful.