Monday, November 12, 2007

Pay it Forward


Wow, it's been a long time, hasn't it. Well, I've got a few things I want to tell you about, so I'll be posting more often this week.

First, I'm very excited because I will soon be receiving art from 3 of my favorite artist friends. Peter Birch will be sending me a package of his promotional materials from Wales! I bought a print of a wonderful, but sold, painting from Andrea Pratt which should be here later this week! Oh happy mail box!

And finally, I got lucky and managed to be one of the first 3 people to comment on Tracy Helgeson's "pay it forward" post, so sometime in the next year, I will receive a painting from her!

In exchange for Tracy's painting, I now continue this project. Here are the rules for Pay It Forward (via Deanna, etc):

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.

When you leave your comment, please also do one of two things: leave your post address or e-mail it to me.

3 comments:

tlc illustration said...

That's a great idea (the pay it forward thing. I'll email you my address if it's OK that I play).

Thanks for the open studio invite. Will try to see if my deadlines allow me to visit.

Which Andrea print did you end up with?

Daphne said...

This somehow feels like I'm cheating- getting art work by this mode.

However, I'll take it! What a great way to find a new art blog.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts.

In the meantime I will email you my address, etc.

Daphne

sharjaycar@yahoo.com said...

Can I play????