Sunday, November 18, 2007

Newsletter 2007

"Green Silence", acrylic/collage painting on 36"x 36" canvas, ©2007

The StudioTenshi Newsletter
The art of Angela Wales Rockett: Highlights of 2007

Dear Friends and Patrons,

I think the biggest news of 2007 is that I finally have a studio! Up to a few months ago, my studio has always been the second bedroom in our apartment, a space that was getting progressively more cramped the more I worked. Now I have a large space with great windows and plenty of room to move around in thanks to the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer in Kenmore, Washington where my studio is now located. To celebrate this, I've invited a few local artist friends of mine to share in a group open studio from 2-6pm on Saturday, December 1st. It should be a fun afternoon of art and refreshments, and I hope to see you there.

2007 also saw me trying my hand at curating. I've curated one solo exhibit and three juried group exhibits this year for the CR Gallery, also in the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer. The latest show is work exploring the theme of silence and will be on display beginning December 2nd. It's been very exciting, and a lot of hard but gratifying work, to bring wonderful artwork together and get to know great people in the process. I look forward to curating many more exhibits in the future.

Other big news is that my artwork has finally made it to New York City! I was juried into membership in the Square Inch Gallery in Manhattan just a couple of months ago. Their concept is "A Manhattan Apartment Gallery with Manhattan Apartment Sized Art", so it's primarily smaller pieces. They have a reception every second Thursday from 7-9pm, and are open by appointment.

One of my paintings, Veil I, juried into being included the 2007-2008 Daniel Smith Catalog of Artists' Materials (p. 204). Apparently this is a very competitive contest, with thousands of artists applying and only a few being chosen. And my painting was one of them!

Though you can still find my artwork on my website at http://www.studiotenshi.com, you also can find it at http://angelarockett.boundlessgallery.com. I just discovered Boundless Gallery this past month, and it has some very cool tools that I'm still playing with. One of the coolest is viewing art in an actual room! That's right, you can upload photos of the space where you want to display the art and see what it will look like before you buy. Check it out, and see how great my art would look in your room! :) Boundless also makes it easy for me to offer coupons and specials on my work, so keep an eye out for those too. In fact, I'll be posting one for the holidays.

That's about all for now. I plan on writing newsletters quarterly, and in the meantime you can always keep up with what I'm doing by reading my blog at http://ryhopewood.blogspot.com/.

Thank you all for your continuing support. Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful holiday season.

Yours truly,

Angela Wales Rockett

1 comment:

thealteredpage said...

Congratulations on all these wonderful happenings! And the colors of Green Silence have such depth and are so rich!