Friday, December 07, 2007

Little Things


"Little Bird", monotype, 9" x 6", ©2007 Sold
- fastest sale on Etsy (for me) ever! -

This week's prompt for Illustration Friday is "little things". This little bird is a monotype I made using a gelatin plate, a fun method that I really want to explore more. But I haven't done anything with it since this little guy which I made a few months ago.

In addition to a visual response, this prompt also reflects the state of my mind, and the never-ending to-do list that's currently residing there, which is full of little (and not-so-little) things such as:
• clean the house
• make a grocery list
• Christmas shopping
• Christmas cards
• research new car
• get back to painting (I spoke too soon, Tracy)
• make a marketing plan for 2008
• make pay-it-forward pieces
• update various sites and blogs with various recent activities
• where the heck did I put those photo mailers? (see first item!)
• e-mail many people
• etc. etc. etc.

After the open studio on Saturday (which got almost completely snowed out), and the artists' reception last night, and all that went into making them happen, what I really feel like I need today is a day off. At least part of one. So, after I sign off here, I think I'm going to grab a book and head over to a coffee house so I'm not tempted by the to-do list and read for a couple of hours.

Psst! - More little things, like the bird above and these tiny paintings, can be found in my Etsy shop too. Just in time for Christmas!


Sold

5 comments:

andrea said...

Oo-- I like these. Very loose and energetic, unlike me these days. Enjoy your break and when you're back I/we want to know all about last night's reception!

thealteredpage said...

Love the rich and deep colors of the last piece so much...I just bought it off Etsy. Thanks!!!!

AscenderRisesAbove said...

How do artists create in December at all??? That is what I would like to know!

ascenderrisesabove.com/wordpress

Rrramone said...

Your art is wonderful. And my suggestion, take a day off. ;-)

thealteredpage said...

I received my piece and it is wonderful. I would like to post an image and link to my blog. Hope that is okay with you. And thank you for visiting and leaving such a nice comment!