Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Early December activities

Me in the doorway of my studio during the open studio (I'm talking our choirmaster Sheila, but you can't see her).



L-R: Debi & me, hanging one of the textile pieces for "Silence"; new Advent altarpiece ("Into Silence", approx. 13' x 5') and decorations; view along one wall of the exhibit


view into the expanded space of the gallery

These are photos of some of the things I've been working on the past couple of weeks. Unfortunately, no photos from the artists' reception (sorry! my husband is usually the photographer, but his camera's batteries died), but I am looking into whether anybody else got photos of the event. If you did, and you're reading this, let me know!

It's been a lot of work, and a lot of socializing, and has resulted in me shutting down and getting reset to my factory setting of Introvert in a big way. So, I've not really been posting about all this great stuff, or really having much contact with anyone but my husband and my cats the past few days. I've gotten to my studio to paint (after an absence of nearly 3 weeks) for a couple of hours yesterday and today, and that's helping too.

Let me leave you with this great photo of Marlowe in his little shelter in the snow (taken the evening of Dec. 1st after we got home from the open studio). Our cats are indoor kitties, but Marlowe likes to go out on our balcony sometimes, and just BEGS to go out there when it snows.


2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Angela, don't know if you have been tagged recently, but if not it's your lucky day! Ha! Check my blog for details, but it's the usual, five things about yourself, five new links....

andrea said...

Thanks for the peek and Marlowe looks adorable! (And I well understand your need to withdraw from overstimulation.)