Friday, January 11, 2008

Big and Small, 2008 begins

as yet untitled, acrylic/collage on canvas, 40"x30", ©2008 (not the best photo - have to reshoot)

Day 11 of the new year. I finally got to get back to the studio late last week, and I'm happy to report that painting is going pretty well. The piece above was the first painting I completed in 2008. It's rather large, 48"x36", and I actually started it in December, but I completed it this past Monday, and I love how it turned out (much better in person of course). I then immediately started a 24"x48" piece that I should be able to finish early next week. Yesterday my husband needed the car so I stayed home and worked on some small pieces and managed to complete these two.

untitled (red), acrylic/collage on canvas, 8"x8", ©2008
SOLD!

untitled (blue/green), acrylic/collage on canvas, 7"x5", ©2008 SOLD!

(click on images to see larger versions)

(bah humbug alert! - I don't usually have too much of a problem with the holidays, but this year they really felt like they were more of an obstacle to painting than anything else, so I'm glad they're over and I can get back to creating.)

I found out the other day that I sold a piece at Square Inch Gallery! And, I'm scheduled to have a solo show there in July! A solo show in New York City!!! I've got to save up my pennies so I can attend the opening reception.

Not a bad start for 2008, eh?

6 comments:

girl work studios said...

Congratulations Angela! that's fantastic! I checked out Square Inch Galley, what a great place and concept for a gallery.

Like your new pieces, especially the sphere, would look great in my livingroom, but alas, poor, starving (okay, definitely not starving) artist me must sell not buy right now.

Definitely a great beginning to the year!

Cynthia said...

Congratulations on your recent gallery sale - Angela - terrific. Also, on finishing 3 paintings. I can't say I've finished 3 pots yet (started, but not finished).

I was sad to see the break end, but am slowly adjusting to routine again.

Gabrielle said...

Congratulations on a great start to the new year.

The first painting is a real stunner!

thealteredpage said...

Congrats on the solo!! That is great. I love all three pieces. The depth and richness of the first piece is amazing. Love the composition of the red collage and the color combination of the blue/green collage as well.

bridgette said...

Congrats Angela! Yay a solo show! in NYC! That's great. Noat a bad start at all.

Thank you for your comment on my blog about "home". I can tell from the brief times that I was with you that you have found your community. I wish that all the people that I know and love could live in WA! Because I do love it here, but the distance is getting harder.

BTW I gave you a "You make my day award. No need to do it, but just wanted to let you know. :)

Peter said...

I love these pictures ... good to get back to work, isn't it?