Monday, January 14, 2008

Bits of Randomness

Back in December, I was tagged by my friend Tracy tagged me to list five random things about myself. At first, I figured I probably wouldn't do it, but on this very wet and cold Monday, the urge hit me to go ahead to give it a whirl, so here we go.

1. I really don't like pictures of myself. I used to, but now they rarely look the way I think I look, and I'm disturbed by the differences. So, here's a picture of me. It was taken by me with my camera held at arm's length, so it's not a great photo, but it does basically look like me.


2. The name of my blog, RyhopeWood, come from one of my favorite fantasy novels, Lavondyss by Robert Holdstock which I read back in my early 20s. In the novel, it's a primeval forest in England where the myths of mankind, from the beginning of time, take form and live and breathe in the various forms that man's subconscious has given them over the millennia. Thought that would be a good place for my artistic musings to hang out.

3. I worry that I'm not living my life as fully or as creatively as I might. Maybe going to New York this summer for the opening reception will help.

4. I've recently become slightly obsessed with the new Doctor Who, and a bit infatuated with the latest Doctor, David Tennant. Season four is in the works, but it's going to be a long wait, especially since I live in America, not Britain. (sigh)

5. Hmmm, what else. I'll have to think on that and get back to you.

I don't think I'll tag anyone else. But if you feel inspired to do this, have fun, and let me know so I can check out your list too!

6 comments:

andrea said...

Thank you for posting the photo! We are visual creatures, aren't we, no matter how hard we might try and deny it (like a musuician denying s/he likes the sound of the human voice). Your hair colour is very warm, your expression very approachable. And thank you also for #2 ~ I've been meaning to ask you about that for, like, ever. :)

James Geluso said...

I agree with the previous. Now I know what it means, and I feel better. This, of course, from someone with multiple screen names with significance only to me...

girl work studios said...

I must go and get that book, it sounds wonderful. You read the book in your early 20's? What was that, like, 2 years ago? Ditto to everything Andrea said. So happy for you(and a bit envious) you're off to New York. Congratulations again!

Angela Rockett said...

Andrea - I just saw yet another picture of myself that made me want to go hide, so thank you.

Jim - Glad I could help. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Ellen - I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did (and do when I re-read it). And thanks for the compliment, but my early 20s were nearly half a lifetime ago as I will be 40 in about a month. Yikes!

Peter said...

really cool to learn a bit more about you ... and 40 is the new 30!!!

Cynthia said...

I love seeing what artist's look like! For some reason I thought you would be a brunette. I agree with Andrea's comments - you look beautiful!

My life really started rockin when I turned 40! (I'm now almost 42 - I think...)