Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Updates

"Mapping the Depths", acrylic/collage on canvas, 12"x24", ©2008

It's been a strange week. I woke up Monday, felt kinda tired and decided I'd stay home and work on my website instead of going to the studio. Turned out it was a good thing I stayed home because it soon became apparent that I had the flu! This on the heels of having a cold last week! It's like everything I've managed to avoid all cold & flu season decided to catch up with me at once. Usually when I get sick, it ends up being pretty minor and only puts me out of commission for a day at most. But these two both knocked me flat, so I've missed a lot of studio time the past couple of weeks. I'm feeling better today, and was able to get back to the studio for a couple of hours this morning (and complete the painting above), but that pretty much wiped me out.

Before I succumbed, I did manage to update my website a bit, as well as my ImageKind print gallery. It's been so long since I've touched either that there's still a lot of work to do, but hopefully I'll be more regular about it. Speaking of ImageKind, I got my first commission payment from them! Like I said, I've been pretty much ignoring my gallery there, so it came as a big surprise. It also encouraged me to try a bit harder. If I can make a little money by doing nothing with it, I could probably make a lot more if I actually tried.

By the way, if you ever see me post a painting with "as yet untitled", please feel free to offer suggestions. Sometimes hearing how other people perceive a piece helps me get a sense for how it should be titled.

8 comments:

Ellen said...

Beautiful painting! It has such a mystical geography to it, I love it. Hope your feeling better soon!

andrea said...

Oh my God!! I love this painting. I have a great title for it: Andrea's Painting. You can't sell it until I can afford to buy it. How big is it anyway?

Glad you're feeling better.

Peter said...

I LOVE that phrase "mystical geography"! Very appropriate!

Angela Rockett said...

Ellen: Thank you! And "mystical geography"? Wow! I almost used that for the title, then I decided to wait and use it for one with more earthy colors. I'll have you approve it first though. :)

Andrea: Thank you! Due in large part to your praise, I decided that this will be the painting I use on the announcement for the exhibit in NY. So at the very least you'll be getting a postcard of it. :)

Peter: Exactly!

Thank you all for your amazing support!

cynthia said...

Your painting is fantastic! I don't know why, but at first I was going to say the right half was my favorite part - but upon further inspection, the right half needs the left half.

Hope you're feeling better. I've come down with something too. :(

mcdc3s said...

Oh I hear you... I really need to dig in and work on my website and Imagekind too. It's a big job. I always admired your Imagekind gallery... and that is what turned me on to it for my own prints.

Caroline said...

I love this one too... maybe its secret name is Depth Charge...

(following the discussion over at Andrea's...)

Philip said...

Just love this - all very much my taste - nice to have come across you!