Wednesday, July 02, 2008

One more week to NYC!

Sound of Many Waters, acrylic/collage on canvas, 24" x 30", ©2008 - SOLD!!!

Just one more week! I'll be wandering around New York City a week from today! I've spent many hours over the past few days with my nose stuck in my Frommer's guide, and my mind is just bursting with plans and information, and I'm giddy with excitement. From the sounds of it, I might never want to leave. There is just so much cool stuff there. It is so hard to try to prioritize so that I actually experience the city and its offerings, and don't just exhaust myself.

So far, my husband and I have loosely planned the following itinerary: Tuesday, fly to NYC on Virgin Airlines, check in and find some dinner. Explore areas like the Village, SOHO and Chelsea, and maybe a little Brooklyn and Chinatown too on Wednesday, when we're likely to have the most energy. Thursday will be the Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Cloisters, Central Park, and St. John the Divine Cathedral - and the opening of course! Friday, breakfast with some relatives who are coming to town for the opening, then some other area of town, or maybe something we missed in the neighborhoods we've already visited, maybe MOMA - haven't really decided yet. And a romantic dinner with my sweetie. Saturday, a quick breakfast then head back to Seattle.

If you're a local, or just have a lot of experience with NYC, what are your must-sees in that city? What are your favorite places to eat?

At the gallery, I've had my first sale from the exhibit! It will be great to open with a red dot. Hopefully it will be the first of many. And Liz has designed a catalog with images of all 21 paintings, available here on LuLu.com as a printed book or as a download. She has also updated the gallery's website to include a page of available works for the show.

8 comments:

Ellen said...

Congrats on the sale already!

Check out the Lower East Side Tenement Museum, it's a fascinating slice of NYC history, It's been years since I've been to New York, but that place still stays with me.
here's the link: http://www.tenement.org/

Tracy said...

Wow, have fun in NYC! I wish I could get down there next week to meet up with you but we have too much going on here.

If you have time and find yourself in Soho, visit my husband's fossil store, 51 Wooster. He won't be there but you can chat with the cute manager, Javier. The fossils are amazing!

And congrats on the sale-first of many I hope!

Tracy said...

Oh and there is not a bad restaurant in Soho. I promise that if you eat at any of them, you will feel very hip and trendy:)

seth said...

You are going to have a great time Angela. Sounds like you have a great (and busy) itinerary already planned. Congratulations on the sale. That is fantastic.

cynthia said...

Congratulations on the sale of a painting! I love seeing those red dots :D

I would love to take a family vacation to NYC - I think there's so much to do and see. I lived in Brooklyn when I was in 2nd grade and my parents took my brother and me everywhere with them - museums, China town, Broadway and off Broadway shows, not to mention all the fantastic arch, central park etc. etc. Enjoy your trip!

tlc illustration said...

Sounds terrific (and congrats on the sale!)

Take lots of mental notes at the Cloisters - a place I've never made it to but so want to.

Michelle said...

YOU may want to check out fishes Eddy on Broadway (#889) A fab store. Have fun! sOUND LIKE A GREAT TIME

mcdc3s said...

I am so happy for you! Have you contacted Seth about his take on things to see/do in NY? I so wish I could be there to see the show. I know it will be a blast. Have a wonderful time! Best of luck.