Monday, September 15, 2008

Studio Notes, September 2008

Hello Friends, Family and Patrons!

I have had 4 paintings accepted to Brushes with the Land, the third annual juried show featuring Northwest Landscapes at Gallery by the Bay in Stanwood, Washington! The show will run from October 10th through November 16th, 2008, with an opening reception on Friday, October 10th, 6pm to 9pm. I plan to have some prints and postcards for sale in the gift shop there as well. If you're in the area, please stop by!

On October 3rd I will be attending the Diocese of Olympia's Bishops' Benefit Bash, a gala dinner, auction, fund raising event to benefit the We Will Stand with You Campaign (in support of the rebuilding of St. Paul's church and school in New Orleans) and the One for One Malaria Nets Challenge. I've donated Twilight Silence to be auctioned off to help raise money toward the Bishops' goal of raising $200,000 for these worthy causes. Now I just have to figure out what to wear!

For those of you who haven't been following my blog, let me just report that New York was wonderful! I had an amazing time, made several sales, made some new friends, and fell in love with the City! As promised, I took many photos - over 400 of them! You can see about 80 or so of them by visiting my Flickr page. In addition to the photos that I posted back in July, I've also just posted several of the black and white photos I took with my Diana+ camera. I'm quite enamoured with this little film camera and with the images it produces, and I'm considering offering prints of them for sale. If any of them interest you, let me know. That kind of input will help my decision making process.

Looking forward, I'm starting to think about having another open studio sometime in the next few months. I'll let you know as those plans solidify.
I also have recently sent out a new call to artists for the CR Gallery. The theme is Out of Darkness (Into Light), and it will be on view this December and January. Creating this gallery and organizing the exhibits has been a very satisfying pursuit over the past couple of years, and it's always exciting to see the artwork submitted and to meet the artists.

All the best!
Angela

No comments: