Tuesday, October 07, 2008

...and a new home


Still feeling a bit off kilter - so much stuff demanding attention from my brain. Not the least of which is that we just signed the lease agreement for a house, so now we're moving! I fell in love with this house when we first moved to Bothell 3 years ago. It had been on the market for quite a while, but in a price range that was just way beyond our means. Then, a little over a week ago, we drove by it and saw the For Rent sign in the yard! Barely daring to hope, we wrote down the phone number and gave the owner a call.

A week later we got a chance to meet with the owner and tour the house. We got along great with him, loved the house, and we all agreed that this would be a great match. We'll be moving in by the end of the month! It all happened so fast.

So, now we pack. No matter how great and welcome a move this is, moving is still so stressful, and I'm having trouble getting into art-making mode. I'm hoping that since my studio doesn't have to be packed up in order to make this move that I'll be able to get back to creating soon.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

So cute!

Maybe you'll be able to buy it at some point?

Slowplum said...

Congrats! I'm very happy for you guys!!

-gracie

bridgette said...

congratulations!! What a happy home. :)