Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Now back to art

Veil IV, acrylic/collage on canvas, 12" x 24" ©2008

I finally made it back to the studio today. It's been hard going, but I felt some of the ol' magic returning this morning, so I have hope.

The pictured painting I completed a month or two ago following another rough patch in the studio. After going to the studio day after day, starting canvas after canvas, struggling to make art for over a month following the art show in New York, I completed this and 4 other paintings in quick succession. And I really feel they are some of my best work yet. It was a real lesson in keeping at it even when it doesn't seem to be working.

I finally got around to putting them on my website today.

1 comment:

Peter said...

Well done you for pushing through! Worth it, wasn't it? I'm liking the darkness in the picture shown.