Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Fine Art Department

Red Movement, acrylic on canvas, 8" x 8", ©2008 (available for sale on my small art blog and in my Etsy shop)

A big thank you to Tracy Helgeson who has included me along with 24 other artists in The Fine Art Department! Here are her words describing the motivation behind this project:

"So in the spirit of team work, I have put up yet another blog. It's called The Fine Art Department and I'd like to post an image, a short description and link to artists who are selling their own work. The economy is tough and those of us who (try to) make a living selling our work have been greatly affected. Obviously, I hope that if one has limited funds, they will pay for food, insurance, mortgage, etc. first, however perhaps there are still a few folks who can squeeze out a couple of bucks to buy a piece of art to enjoy or to give as a gift. If artists aren't selling anything, they are also not buying anything either or paying their bills or the mortgage and the dominoes will keep falling. I realize that not every art buyer wants to buy my art (what?) so I'd like to offer some alternatives and hopefully somebody will make a few sales, even if it's not me."

So head on over to The Fine Art Department and take a look at some truly great art. I'm sure you'll find something you just have to have!

3 comments:

Philip said...

Really good painting - love it!

My solution to the 'crisis' - I am trying to let out my studio to various art groups for a couple of days a week! Times are tough!

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Thank you, Philip!

And what a great idea for dealing with the 'crisis' - good luck with it.

andrea said...

Tracy and you have inspired me to put up a new small art blog as I'm about done with Etsy. Loving all this expressive work you're going and Happy (American) Thanksgiving to you and Wade in your cozy new home!