Tuesday, December 09, 2008

light fog

River Walk, acrylic on canvas, 12" x 24", ©2008

Though still on the mend, I am finally starting to feel better. I was even able to paint a bit today for the first time since last Monday, which is when I completed the painting pictured above, inspired by a walk I'd taken along the river. I have more images of this inside my head, but I haven't been able to express them yet.

Now begins the difficult task of starting the fight against Resistance – again. Things have been topsy-turvy since the move as far as trying to get back into the swing of making art, and being sick just did not help any. I'm torn between trying to be easy on myself because I recognize that I'm still healing, and being very frustrated because I feel like I'm falling behind. Behind what? Not really sure. Behind expectations maybe? I'm also frustrated because it feels so hard to focus. The fog is starting to clear, but I'm easily distracted from whatever task I set myself, and my intentions crumble at the slightest breeze.

5 comments:

bridgette said...

oh, i love this! Wish I could see it in person.

try to be easy with yourself. It's really difficult to be as productive as usual at this time of year. Lots of distractions and germs too that can be obstacles. when you are able to get focused, it will be worth it.

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Thank you, Bridgette. I really needed to hear all of that.

(And I wish you could see it in person too.)

Philip said...

Part of the natural cycle of life - go easy on yourself is my advice. Love the painting.

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Thank you, Philip. I am trying to go easy on myself, because you're right, it's all part of the cycle, and all parts must be honored.

mcdc3s said...

Very pretty