Monday, January 26, 2009

Branching Out

Snow on Branches, black & white photographic print, 5" x 5", ©2009

(Ha! You get it? Branching... out...?)

Ahem…

I've really been enjoying playing with my Diana+ camera, and with it I've taken some pretty cool images that I'd love to share. I shot the above photo this past December during our first snow of the winter, and I finally got the film developed a week or so ago.

So, I'm adding frameable photographic prints to my Etsy shop. As I write this post there are only a couple of images available, but I'll be listing more over the next few days, both color and black & white, along with more size options, all beautifully printed on Kodak Professional Endura paper. I'll be adding notecards soon too, so be sure and check in often.

I took photography classes in college, but this is a relatively new arena for me, so I'm starting small and simple, and I'd love to hear what you think of the images. Also, if you see any other images in my Flickr Diana+ photostream that you'd like as a print or notecard, contact me and I'll see about getting that done for you.

In the meantime, I'm still painting, though you can't really tell by my blog lately. I'm planning to photograph my most recent pieces tomorrow so look for posts about them very soon.

6 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Your photographs are beautiful Angela.. It was a pleasure to view them.. and the best to you on your new venture!!

tlc illustration said...

Yes - best wishes! It is fun to diversify into various visual arenas. (Who are you getting to do your prints/cards may I ask?)

I am loving my little painting, btw. It is on my studio wall. I will do a follow up pay-it-forward post in the very near future. Thanks again.

Seth said...

Beautiful image and I do like the pun! Looking forward to seeing more of your photography.

Philip said...

I love b/w photos. Look forward to seeing more of yours.

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Gwen: Thank you!

Tara: Thanks! It is fun to diversify into various visual arenas - every endeavor seems to feed the others. I'm getting my prints done by iprintfromhome.com, and the notecards I'm still researching but I'll probably go with VistaPrint or Overnight Prints, at least to start with. They allow very small print runs so I don't have to invest in hundreds of cards.

Seth: I'm so glad someone got it!;) And thank you.

Philip: I've always loved black and white photography - it so evocative. And using film again adds a little something special as well.

cynthia said...

I like the Diana photographs a lot - there's something nostalgic or maybe atmospheric about them...