Tuesday, February 03, 2009

New Painting - Cloister View

Cloister View, acrylic/collage on canvas, 30" x 40", ©2008

The painting above was inspired by the view from the water of The Cloisters in New York. Sadly, I didn't end having time to go there, but it's first on my list for next time.

I've been spending a lot of time over the past few days photographing several of my most recent paintings, adjusting the files in Photoshop, and uploading them to my website, and playing with the design of my website too. I'd love to hear what you think.

I feel like there's probably more to say, but the sun is actually shining(!) so I'm going to go take a walk now.

5 comments:

Gabrielle said...

It's so haunting and mysterious! I also enjoyed Obscured Vision on your website; so much is happening on that canvas surface, I honestly don't know how you do it - it's magic to me.

(The website looks great!)

Peter said...

Very atmospheric.

Philip said...

Wonderful colours and composition. The red is just perfect.

Angela Wales Rockett said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments!

TSL said...

Hey soul-y girl, been a while! I checked out your website as suggested. Gathering Clouds, First Snow III, and Through the Mist are r-e-a-l-l-y nice and right up my abstract alley. Good to see your work again.