Monday, April 06, 2009

Spring Walk

The sun is finally shining and it's actually over 70 degrees (Fahrenheit) outside! After a morning spent in the studio, I could not resist taking a walk along the river. I was very glad that I'd brought my camera when I spied this heron patiently stalking something good to eat.

It's amazing how uplifting such a day as this can be after such a gray and soggy stretch. And energizing. I love the rain, but I must admit to feeling a bit waterlogged lately. I feel a renewed excitement toward my painting, a breaking out of late winter inertia.




5 comments:

flyinamber said...

beautiful photos Angela!
I'm also glad that the spring is finnaly here,I'm always a bit lazy in the winter and spen winter months in a kind of hibernation..
we have just the same herons living here on the river nearby my home..
did I said that my grandfather was living in Seattle?I really like landscapes of the West Coast!

Peter said...

I feel the same ... we've had a bit of Spring here in Wales and it seems to make everyone feel happier and more energised.

Seth said...

Nice walk. Glad I could leave the city for a few minutes and come along!

Angela Wales Rockett said...

flyinamber: Thank you for your comments! I love those herons. It's good to hear I'm not the only one who feels like hibernating in the winter.

Peter: Ain't that the truth! Sounds like Wales and Seattle have very similar climates.

Seth: Thank you for joining me on such a lovely day. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ang...Nice photos! I'm sitting here listing to KROQ online! LOL Wasn't the nice weather great...even if it only lasted a few days! ha ha...I miss ya...let's try to get together this summer or sometime soon! I'm gone in June and August...I get my place in a couple of weeks! So, C'mon down!

Lis