Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Encaustics: The Beginning


As I mentioned in my last post, I took some encaustics workshops from Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch this past weekend. Had a blast! Intended to take more pictures than this, but I was far too involved in playing with the wax. Trish is awesome, and the other attendees were too! Lots of great energy and laughter. And The Ranch! I want to go back there again and again. A big hug and thank you to everyone there!

These are the pieces I came home with. Learned lots of techniques, and I need A LOT of practice. It's an interesting feeling to be a beginner again.

And this is my setup in my home studio, which I got set up and played with today. Still lots to learn, but I didn't set fire to anything, nor did I pass out from fumes, so I'm doing pretty well so far. :)

At the workshop and today I've just been getting used to the medium, seeing what it feels like, what it will do, and making myself get out of my comfort zone by trying something totally new. Tomorrow I'll start planning a bit more, see what I can do with the medium toward expressing my vision.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Congrads on taking the plunge and learning something new, Angela. Have fun!